Visalli's Farm Market is owned by Joe and Grace Visalli. Grace's parents, Joseph and Lucy Vasta, came to America from Sicily, Italy in 1912 and worked as share croppers for about 11 years. In 1923, They began working on a farm, owned by Lydia Ridgway. They worked on the farm for three years before eventually buying the 73 acres of what is now Visalli Farms from Lydia Ridgway in 1926.
Joe and Grace got married in 1955 and in 1956, They started the "market" on their front steps. When they realized that they needed more space Joe built the first stand in 1957, and replaced it with a second one in 1958.
In 1967, the farm was passed on to Joe and Grace and officially became "Visalli Farms". In 1989, Joe built the current Visalli's Farm Market, and it opened for its first season in 1990. Unfortunately, during the 2005 season, there was fire at the stand. Although no major damage was done, Joe and Grace decided to close the market for good- or so they thought.
It was closed for seven years, from 2006-2012, until Joe and Grace's oldest son Chuck decided to open it for a 2013 season. In 2014, the market was turned over to their youngest son, Mike.